Looking Your Best For Senior Pictures
It’s a given. There are lots of things to consider when getting ready for your senior pictures and of course a few guidelines that will help with getting great pics! However, I am always here to help and being comfortable smile will ensure the best senior portraits possible, trust me. And that right there is rule #1.
Rule #1: Trust me!
I know it’s hard when we’ve only met once or twice, but I promise I know what I’m doing. You might think all my little antics are silly, but they will help you look more natural instead of stiff and posed. I know how to give you tips on how to move and make sure you look your best! I’ve been photographing teens and seniors for nearly 10 years and there isn’t a single one of them that isn’t nervous before they step in front of the camera. My job is to make sure you look amazing and I’m very good at my job! Everyone has a different style, attitude, and body type. Taking each into account is really what needs to be happen to show off your best YOU!
7 Guidelines for Girls
- Clothes that fit properly without pinching or drooping are your best bet. Nothing too short, too tight, or too revealing.
- Sticking with basics and neutrals goes a long way towards making the pictures look timeless, but bring some clothes that showcase your personality too!
- Make sure clothes are pressed and wrinkle free, and leave them hangers. A steamer works better than Photoshop every time, I promise.
- Think layers and accessories like hats, shoes, sunglasses. Need help? Check out our Style Closet!
- Choose tops that accentuate your neckline.
- Arrive with clean fingernails & toenails with no chipped polish. If you get a tiny chip, don’t stress, but when you’ve had that same polish on for a month and it’s half gone? Nope, not good.
- Remember to bring nude undergarments and a strapless bra. Bra straps that stick out are not flattering and cannot be easily removed during the editing process.
Most of our sessions run 2-3 hours, so I suggest at least 6 outfits if possible. We’ll take many shots in each outfit and we want as much variety as possible.
With the right outfits, your confidence with soar, and confidence will let you show off your fun personality! I will be there in your face to make suggestions as we go along, and if something doesn’t look right, we try again. Props such as sporting equipment, and other types of outfits can be chosen also and brought along to the shoot. You might find you are a more “formal” person or a more “casual” one. Or you could do what I suggest, bring both! Some casual, some sporty, some styled, some formal, bring it all!
You only get to do this one time so let’s make it count! Take the time prepare, be realistic with your clothing and body type, and try on several outfits before deciding which to bring with you. If you get stuck or need opinions just text me…you know I’m full of opinions. Whenever you need my assistance, just ask. All questions are welcome, as I want to calm your nerves as much as possible!