5 Tips to Make Your Senior Pictures Amazing!
I loved taking my senior pictures! Especially with Michelle, every shoot I do with her is a blast! It’s very exciting to finally be done with the chaos and drama that’s high school and move onto better things (like work or school or both). Here are 5 tips that I’ve learned throughout the shoots I’ve participated in.
- BE TRUE TO YOURSELF
- Being true to yourself is one of the most important things when doing a photo shoot. Especially when they’re your Senior pictures! Make sure that the shoot will fully represent you and your personality! It might be fun to try something different but you don’t have to change everything you like for a shoot that’s supposed to be about you. Enjoy what you like and show it off!
- Props are one of my favorite things to use during a shoot! Some pictures Michelle took of me were with an old phone that we both loved! It instantly gave the picture the retro vibe we were going for! Having props is a ton of fun but just make sure not to over do it! Just a couple should do the trick! Also don’t be afraid to bring homemade things as props! I made this amazing flower crown that we used for a couple pictures and those ended up being my favorites!
- KEEP IT SIMPLE
- When picking out clothes (Which is the hardest step) you should to talk about it with your photographer! That way they can make sure it’ll look good when photographed. You may want to rethink that white shirt or that crazy print shirt you have. Bring lots of solids to mix and match with a couple prints! Some prints might be too intense so choose your prints wisely!
- BE PREPARED AND BE FLEXIBLE
- Though number 1 says that you should always be true to yourself and to your style, that doesn’t mean that you shouln’t go outside the box sometimes! Maybe the way the photographer wants you to pose seems a little awkward but it’ll look amazing in the photos! Now, having said this, it’s still important to remember that what you’re comfortable and not comfortable doing. If something really makes you uncomfortable don’t feel like you need to do it! Your senior pictures are about you!
- HAVE FUN!
- Having fun during a shoot can sometimes be hard with the constant moving (or not moving) and the outfit changes. But it’s definitely something so vital to a good shoot!! Not only will the photos seem more fun and genuine, they will be! Music and bonding can always help this! Don’t be strangers with the photographer! Talk! Make jokes! Make memories!
By following these tips, shoots are fun and easy! Working with Michelle is so much fun! We’ve got so many jokes and memories that shooting with her is exciting and she always makes sure that I stay true to my own style! So, strike a pose and have fun!
Definitely agree with all of these, especially keeping it simple and having fun!!
Since Mercy just did her senior pictures a few months ago, she really knows what she’s talking about!
Totally agree with all of these!! Especially being true to yourself and have fun!! Photo shoots are def meant to be fun. Not boring and fake. Good job on the article 🙂
Thanks Kara! I want to have fun during photo shoots whether I’m in them or not! I’m always surprised when people tell me how much fun they had during senior pictures. Well, yes! That’s the best part!!!