All Smiles for Graduation Photos
When Jordan visited me for her initial senior picture consultation, she had some great ideas in mind and ended up selecting a Quick Take session for her graduation pictures. It turned out to be perfect for her, giving her just the right amount of pictures to share with friends and loved ones. She wanted a collection of high-quality photos taken outdoors, but she wasn’t looking for a lot of outfit or location changes. And that made a Quick Take session perfect for her!
What Is a Quick Take Session?
If you decide on a Quick Take photo session, you’ll get the same level of professional detail every other client gets. A Quick Take session is shorter than other sessions because we stay in one location (rather than traveling around town), and you only change outfits once.
Some of my clients choose to change outfits five or six times, but if you already know what you want or if you’re in a time crunch, a Quick Take session may be perfect for you. Visit the Investment page to learn about ALL the session types I offer at Magical Memories by Michelle. Depending on your personality and your senior picture dreams, you’re sure to find the perfect session type for YOU!
Congrats to the Grad!
Here, in her graduation cap with her gown flung casually over her shoulder, Jordan flashes a happy grin toward the camera. The natural background is intentionally faded out so that she takes center stage.
With her sights set on heading to college and studying to become a veterinarian after graduation, Jordan is beaming as she shows off her mortarboard cap, tassel, and gown.
Jordan chose a white spaghetti strap tank with a blue and white skirt to wear under her gown, and here, she confidently shows off her stylish look. A graduate of Campo Verde High School, she gives us a peek at her graduation tassel, and with ‘2022’ in the foreground, no one will ever forget the momentous occasion this year was!
Outdoor Cap & Gown Photos for Graduation
The Arizona weather made outdoor graduation photos the perfect option for Jordan, and we didn’t have to go far to find beautiful locations. Eastmark Park is just minutes away, and it’s full of trees, water sources, and tons of natural beauty—it’s the perfect location for photos!
With native grasses and shrubs behind her, Jordan sits on a rock and adds her own beauty to the scene. And if her bright smile is any indication, her upcoming graduation is a serious source of happiness.
Carefree Waterside Photos
I love the way Jordan’s wavy hair cascades breezily down her back in this photo. Barefoot and without a care in the world, she makes eye contact with the camera and shows off gorgeous eyes and a bright smile.
Described by her friends and family as strong, hard-working, and dependable, Jordan is well on her way to success! Although she says she’ll miss her high school friends and teachers, she’s ready to take on the world and has a full bucket list to show for it. Some of the things she’s looking forward to are snowboarding, swimming with dolphins, and performing surgery on an animal. With all her ambition and talent, there’s nothing that can hold her back!
Be Yourself in Your Senior Pictures
Being yourself is one of the most important things about your senior pictures! No one wants fake expressions or stiff poses, and that’s why we talk through everything you love (and the stuff you don’t) in our initial meeting. It’s essential for you to feel comfortable, confident, and gorgeous for your graduation photos, because when you’re happy and relaxed, it shows in your pictures!
Here are just a few ways you can ensure you look comfortable and carefree in your senior pictures:
- Wear outfits you love. Show off your personal style by choosing outfits and accessories that make you feel like the fun-loving, on-trend rock star you are! For a three-hour session, you’ll likely end up choosing four or five outfits, so make sure those outfits accentuate your best features and make you feel confident for every pose.
- Choose makeup and a hairstyle that fit your style. Don’t overdo it by piling on unnatural layers of makeup that don’t mesh with your vibe. And the same thing goes for your hair…your senior pictures aren’t the place to debut a brand-new and off-the-wall hairstyle. As a general rule of thumb, If something feels unnatural to you, it’ll look unnatural in your photos.
- Focus on the details ahead of time. Being prepared is the best way to keep from panicking on the day of your session. Work with your photographer in advance to select the outfits, accessories, and styling you want for your senior pictures. At Magical Memories by Michelle, you’ll get professional advice for putting together the outfits that make you look best!
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. A bright red blemish on picture day may seem like the end of the world, but it’s actually a pretty easy problem to fix. Thanks to the magic of photo editing, I’m able to correct any last-minute things that shouldn’t show up in your pics. And there’s no need to worry if a zipper breaks or you start to get fly-away hair because I travel to every photo shoot with emergency supplies to fix just about any snafu!
- Personalize your session. Start planning early so you have plenty of time to get creative about your poses, locations, outfits, and more. Your senior pictures will be extra meaningful when you include things like an instrument you play, sports equipment and uniforms, family heirlooms, or beloved pets. The possibilities are endless, and the important thing is that when you look back at your photo collection, it will remind you of all the things you loved during high school.
Senior Picture Photo Session in Mesa, AZ
If you’re a soon-to-be graduate in the East Valley, it’s time to start thinking about your senior pictures! Will they be outdoors in the sunshine? Inside at a favorite location, like the gym or art room? Are there any spots around town that are especially meaningful for you?
The best way to get started is to look at other graduation pictures to see if anything jumps out and inspires you. Be sure to scroll through the Magical Memories by Michelle blog to see a variety of sessions and to get ideas of your very own. And don’t worry, I’ll be there every step of the way, so I can help you plan the best looks and locations for you!
Ready to Plan Your Senior Pictures?
It was so much fun to work with Jordan to create a senior photo package that reflects an awesome last year in high school! A Quick Take session gave her the perfect amount of poses to share with friends and family…and to show off her down-to-earth, casual style.
Senior year is a busy time, and graduation will sneak up on you before you know it—so plan early and book your spot on the Magical Memories by Michelle calendar. Contact me to get started! You’ll find tons of ideas, including more Quick Take sessions, in the blog—and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to stay on top of the latest styles and photo ideas.
Ready to go? Let’s book your session!