Family Portraits in the Snow
Wow, I’ve been a Phoenix family photographer serving the East Valley for quite a few years now. This will be my 8th year in business! As we start our photography journey in 2017, be sure you’re keeping up with all the latest news and receive exclusive invitations to our new Limited Edition sessions! This fall we’ll be offering our beautiful Snow Sessions, only you don’t have to head north! These photo shoots take place right here in Gilbert, AZ! All you need is your winter gear and an imagination! These are an excellent addition to any portrait session or a fun way to have seasonal family portraits to display in your home! Feel free to bring some hot cocoa, cups, s’mores, or other treats too! They also make perfect Christmas cards! These make such amazing portraits for your family to enjoy or purchase one as a gift!
Winter Wonderland in Phoenix, AZ
The Whitehead family brought out their winter gear and we transformed a small area in Gilbert into a winter wonderland! Cade and Kel are just too cute in their snow gear of course, and the best part is that Kelle’s winter scarf isn’t actually a scarf…it is a pair of pj pants! I love it when my clients think outside the box! These are just a few images from their family portrait session. At their reveal session, they chose to create a beautiful custom storyboard of just their snow images! It will be displayed during the holidays and winter months, and then it will be switched out for their favorite family portrait the rest of the year! Simply amazing! Want to see more of our snow portraits and get other creative ideas for your photo shoot? Just check out our new “Themed” gallery of images!
Best Christmas Light Displays in the East Valley
It’s definitely the happiest time of year in our home!!! Christmas is my favorite holiday and I love everything about it! Decorating, celebrating, baking, spending time with family…it’s just the best! Every weekend we try to head out in our community in East Mesa to check out some of the fabulous displays that neighbors have created. We have some awesome displays right here in Bella Via, but these are some of our favorites in the East Valley.
Taylor Residence in Ahwatukee
While I haven’t personally seen this one, you can bet it is in on my list for this year! This gorgeous Christmas display has more than 300 hand-carved cutouts featuring all of our favorite characters including Peanuts and Disney as well as a new addition of Emojis!
Santa Train in Phoenix, AZ
We’ve been visiting Frank Polimene’s home, called “The Santa Train” for at least 17 years now! Back when we started going, it wasn’t as well known, and we had a hard time finding it since it is set back in the foothills of Ahwatukee. We were told that you could simply flash your lights from the car to activate the train! Since then, it has become much more popular, the train runs more because everyone is out of their cars to see all the details. It is definitely one of our favorite family traditions!
- The display has a candy cane factory that fills the train, then real candy canes are dumped into the train for visitors to enjoy.
- This home is located at 541 East Mountain Sky Avenue in Phoenix.
- Visit their site to read the story of how this display came to be. It really is a fun story!
- Display Hours: Thanksgiving Day (November 23, 2017) until January 1, 2018. Open nightly until 11:00 p.m. with candy canes given away to the kids until 9:00 p.m.
- Snowfall on Fridays and Saturdays every 20 minutes
- Don’t miss the dancing Santa and the mouse that reads Twas the Night Before Christmas
This is another long standing tradition in our family. I remember taking our kids all bundled up in the stroller, to walk the cul-de-sac and see all the beautiful lights. Since our evenings are so mild, it is nice to walk and see all the beautifully decorated homes in this Rancho Del Mar community. Typically the road is closed to traffic.
- Natal Circle is located near Country Club and Guadalupe in Mesa. Take Guadalupe west, pass Country Club, then turn on Cherry Lane. When you see the traffic, you’ll know you found it!
- Park outside the cul-de-sac on the street, or across from Natal Circle at Rancho Del Mar park.
- Display Hours: Most displays are on nightly from 6:00p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Don’t miss the the beautiful Walk Through Bethlehem at the end of the block, open through December 24, 2017
- Beautiful light show set to music in Bella Via near Signal Butte and Warner
- This home is located 11161 East Starkey Avenue in Mesa.
- Display Hours: Monday through Saturday until 10:00 p.m., Sunday until 8:30 p.m.
And finally, we’d love for you to stop by to see our decorated home! While we don’t have a huge holiday light display with music, we do have a lovely display that we’ve created over the last 17 years. Each piece is hand drawn, cut, and painted by our family. Every year we try to add a new piece, so if you’ve been by before, see if you can figure out what is new for 2017! We might not be the biggest or best display around, but we’d still love it if you stopped by!
- Beautiful lights and handmade cutouts
- This home is located 11102 East Rutledge Avenue in Mesa.
- Display hours: Every night until around 10:00 p.m.
- P.S. If we’re home, you’re welcome to see the inside too!
Loop of Lights
The main attraction at the Loop of Lights is no longer participating, but that doesn’t take this tour off the list! There are many other homes are still decorated including the your favorite characters from The Grinch and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer! The area is in Queen Creek in the Pecan Creek South neighborhood. Stop by and take a look!